The Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) for Medicare Advantage and RX plans (Oct. 15th thru Dec. 7th) is quickly approaching! Please watch your mail for your annual notice of change packet that will be sent directly from the Insurance Company this month. This packet will include any benefit or premium changes for the 2019 plan year. You also have the option of attending a member meetings your current carrier may host in your area.
Please remember that to retain our assistance throughout the year, your agent does need to sign all plan change forms or new applications. These forms may be returned to our office and we will send them in for you and keep documentation proving any changes were submitted before the deadline of December 7th.
Our Agency will also be hosting smaller group appointments for any existing plan members who would like to review the changes for next year and compare with other plans our agency represents. Please stop by your local office after October 1st for more detailed information.
As a reminder, October 15th through December 7th is the only time you are able to make changes to your Medicare Advantage Plan or Standalone RX coverage for 2019.
We look forward to being of service to you during the upcoming Annual Open Enrollment Period. Remember we also have dental and vision options available!
Ready to make Appointment?
At Your Appointment ...
You’ll want to bring in your current Medicare care and a list of your prescriptions. Be sure to plan ahead so that you can have time to make a decision before the enrollment period ends.
You can also speak to any of our agents about:
- Adding an Advantage or Supplemental Plan to your current Medicare
- Enrolling in a Part D (Drug) Plan or
- Keeping Original Medicare and not enrolling in Part D
Annual Enrollment for Medicare parts C & D
Each year you have a chance to make changes to your Medicare Advantage or Medicare prescription drug coverage for the following year. During Open Enrollment Medicare Beneficiaries can:
- Change from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Change from a Medicare Advantage Plan back to Original Medicare.
- Switch from one Medicare Advantage Plan to another Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn’t offer drug coverage to a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage.
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage to a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn’t offer drug coverage.
- Join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
- Switch from one Medicare drug plan to another Medicare drug plan.
- Drop your Medicare prescription drug coverage completely.
Get Medicare Quote
Medigap Plans - New Birthday Rule
Medicare supplemental plans (also called Medigaps) help cover the gap in insurance that Original Medicare (Parts A and B) do not cover. Medicare beneficiaries with a policy issued any time after January 1st,1990 now have a yearly opportunity to change plans and carriers as long as switching to the same plan type or one with lesser benefits. Availability to change starts on your birthday and remains available for 30 days. This is guaranteed, regardless of your health. Contact an agent for assistance.